Easy 6-Ingredient Balsamic Dijon Baked Salmon Recipe Will Make Your Mouth Water by Elisa Schmitz
By now, you know how much I love to cook salmon. There are so many reasons why salmon is my go-to fish for seafood dinners: it's simple to prepare and cook, it's a healthy part of a nutritious Mediterranean diet, and it's a consistently moist and delicious dinner.
There are many creative salmon recipes (my honey garlic salmon and my smoked paprika salmon recipes are among my favorites), but this easy recipe for balsamic Dijon roasted salmon is so good, it'll make your mouth water. Only six ingredients, and ready in about half an hour! You can't beat that.
All you need to make this delicious salmon recipe are fresh salmon, balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, honey and lemon juice. In addition to all the health benefits of salmon, the balsamic Dijon sauce is rich and flavorful. Your mouth will water as you smell it baking in the oven, and it won't stop watering until after you finish dinner! Baking the salmon in this tangy sauce results in moist, flavorful fish that you'll want to serve for all your family and friends.
This healthy, delicious seafood dinner is ready in about 30 minutes, and is perfect served with your favorite vegetables and side dishes (I served it over rice, to soak up the delicious sauce, and sautéed broccoli). I can't wait to make this recipe for dinner again soon!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) fresh salmon filet
- 3 ounces balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (I used Ken's Steak House brand)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice of half a lemon
- If you don't have balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, you can use a blend of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Squeeze your own lemon juice from fresh lemons, if possible. Fresh is always best!
- Serve with a side that will soak up the rich, delicious sauce, such as rice, quinoa or mashed potatoes.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinaigrette, garlic, mustard, honey and lemon juice.
- Place salmon filet into a baking dish lined with aluminum foil, with enough extra on each side to cover the fish once it's in the baking pan. Pour the balsamic Dijon sauce over the salmon.
- Cover the fish with the extra aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baste with the sauce, if needed. Return baking dish to oven, leaving the fish uncovered. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Make sure to drizzle some extra sauce over the fish (it's so good)!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.