10-Minute Italian Sub Sandwich Recipe: It's Time for a Picnic or Sandwich Night by Jan Mostrom
This beautiful Italian sub sandwich recipe is worthy of any party or picnic. This easy Italian sandwich just might be your new favorite dinner or lunch recipe! The simple combination of mozzarella, prosciutto and roasted peppers with olive oil and fresh basil on a French or sourdough baguette assemble into and gorgeous and tasty lunch or dinner.
But is this a sub sandwich, hoagie, hero or grinder? The sandwich name debate on that issue still goes on! I'm calling this an Italian sub sandwich, and here is your shopping list: French bread or a sourdough baguette, sliced prosciutto, hard mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, a jar of roasted red peppers and olive oil.
Add whatever other sandwich toppings you enjoy, like shredded lettuce or thinly sliced red onion. Sandwich night never tasted so good!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1 large French or sourdough baguette
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces hard mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced (about 1/4 inches thick)
- handful of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 6 ounces roasted peppers (without liquid)
- olive oil
- You can add other Italian meats to this sandwich like pepperoni, salami, mortadella, speck, pancetta, capocollo, coppa, guanciale and soppressata.
Here's how to make it:
- Slice the baguette lengthwise and drizzle each side with olive oil.
- Layer ingredients starting with cheese, meat, peppers and basil. Add some freshly ground pepper. Place top layer of bread on top and slice for serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.