Refreshing Passion Fruit Margarita Recipe Gives You Those Tropical Summer Feels by Ann Marie Patitucci
What do you think of when you think of summer? I think of warm weather, travel, lazy days at the pool and time with friends and family. But let’s not forget all the food and drinks (alcoholic cocktails and mocktails) that keep us going as we make all of those summer memories!
When we're catching up with friends, enjoying the warmth of the summer season, there’s nothing better than toasting to summer with a fruity cocktail! Of course margaritas are a summer classic, but I’ve been amazed to learn how many varieties there are. This passion fruit margarita recipe is a sweet yet tart, unique take on the standard summer “marg,” perfect for any summer occasion.
If you happen to find fresh passion fruit, you can make your own homemade passion fruit puree for this cocktail. You'll need four large passion fruit. Cut each in half and scoop out the flesh into a mesh strainer. Push as much of the flesh as you can through the strainer so you remove the seeds. The puree is ready now, or you can blend it with 1 tablespoon or so of water in a blender. Enjoy this refreshing beverage with a friend or two!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 ounces tequila or vodka
- 2 ounces passion fruit purée (can be thawed from frozen)
- 1 ounce passion fruit liqueur
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- While salt is the most popular choice for rimming many cocktails, you can opt for sugar, spices, herbs, crushed candies, etc. Just make sure the flavors don't overpower your cocktail.
- You can also serve this refreshing passion fruit margarita over ice.
- Simple syrup is made with 2 parts sugar to 1 part water. Bring it to a boil in a saucepot and simmer a few minutes. Cool completely before using.
Here’s how to make it:
- Begin by rimming the margarita glass: Add salt to a small shallow plate. Run a wedge of fresh lime around the rim of a cocktail glass. Dip the wet edge of the cocktail glass into the plate of salt. Shake excess salt off the glass.
- Pour tequila or vodka, passion fruit purée, passion fruit liqueur, lemon juice and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker. Add plenty of ice cubes. Secure the top on the cocktail shaker to ensure it’s sealed (don’t skip this step!) and then shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the shaker cap and strain the drink into a chilled margarita glass. If desired, garnish with a slice of lime. This is optional, though if you’d like a more tropical feeling, add the fruit slice! Cheers!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.