6-Ingredient Roasted Beets Recipe May Make a Beet Lover Out of You by Elisa Schmitz
If you think you don't like beets, you're not alone. Beets are one of those vegetables that you either love or you hate. My husband loves beets, so I've learned to enjoy beets as well. This tangy six-ingredient roasted beets recipe may make a beet lover out of you, too.
This easy baked beets recipe is simple and savory, and makes a succulent sauce that's delicious served over rice or with potatoes. This simple roasted beets recipe is so versatile: serve the beets warm as a side dish, or cold in a salad. All you need for this savory side dish recipe are beets (natch), olive oil, a lemon, garlic powder, paprika and turmeric. Six ingredients that pack a serious flavor punch!
Another reason to give this nutritious beet recipe a try is if you're watching your cholesterol (as I am). Beets are part of a healthy Mediterranean diet and may help lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation and increase heart health, among other health benefits. Just another reason that this recipe may make you a beet lover, after all!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 to 60 minutes
- 4 large beets, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of a whole lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- I used a Pyrex baking dish for this recipe, but you also could use a metal baking pan lined with aluminum foil, which makes for easier cleanup (beets can be messy)!
- The bright color of beets can rub off on fingers, clothing or counters, so quick cleanup to avoid staining can be helpful.
- If you want to stir the beets halfway through the baking time, feel free, but it's not absolutely necessary.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the beets into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Stir to combine and toss to coat.
- Pour the beets into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover with the casserole lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 to 50 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.