The Perfect Roasted Chicken Recipe: Ina Garten's Inspiring Baked Chicken With Vegetables by Jan Mostrom
I think Ina Garten is one of the best chefs ever. I love being inspired by her recipes and gift of hospitality. This roasted chicken recipe is so beautiful and easy to make. The succulent, juicy chicken is perfect for a dinner party or just to have a simple lovely meal with your family. The baked chicken and vegetables is very simple, and you just need a few hours to make sure the chicken cooks all the way through and you'll have a feast worthy of, well, worthy of Ina!
All you need for this Barefoot Contessa-inspired recipe is one whole chicken, vegetables of your choice (I used onions, carrots, eggplant, cauliflower and sweet peppers), olive oil, salt, black pepper, fresh thyme, lemon, garlic and butter.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Total Time 2 to 2 1/2 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 whole chicken ( about 5 to 6 pounds)
- vegetables, for roasting (1 to 2 sweet peppers, 4 large carrots, 1 cauliflower, 1 eggplant, 1 to 2 onions, or your favorite combination)
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, washed can cut in half
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- olive oil
- If you prefer drier roasted vegetables, roast the vegetables on a separate cookie sheet at the same time as the chicken.
- For the crispiest skin, make sure to pat the chicken skin dry before roasting.
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse the chicken thoroughly and cut off any excess fat. With a paper towel pat the chicken dry. Generously add salt and pepper to the inside of the chicken. Place half of the thyme, lemon halves and garlic cloves inside the chicken. Brush the outside of the chicken with the melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string. (if you don't have kitchen string any clean string will do.)
- Place the onions, carrots and other vegetables in the bottom of a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, the rest of the thyme sprigs and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees F. Let the chicken rest with aluminum foil tented over it for about 15 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve it with the roasted vegetables.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.