Quick & Easy Lemon Pasta Recipe With Fresh Herbs, Cucumbers & Feta by Jan Mostrom
I love the summer season when I can try new recipes using fresh, warm-weather ingredients. This lemon herb pasta recipe came together so easily and earned a big thumbs up from my crew. The quick lemony pasta recipe is so simple to make ahead for a picnic or weeknight dinner. The refreshing pasta dinner is on the table in about 30 minutes.
Here is your shopping list for this lemon-herb summer pasta recipe: lemons, pasta, garlic, olive oil, whole-grain mustard, crushed red pepper flakes, Persian or English cucumbers, feta cheese, fresh cilantro and fresh mint. The finished pasta dish is refreshing and full of different flavors and textures.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 12 ounces small pasta (or try chickpea pasta for extra protein)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for cooking pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus 5 tablespoons fresh juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you want it spicy)
- 1 pound (16 ounces) Persian or English cucumbers, washed, sliced and scored, if desired
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (or use goat cheese)
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- lemon, for serving
- Scoring cucumbers is as easy as taking a fork and dragging it down the skin the the cucumber. Rotate the cucumber so all the the skin has the markings. Then slice and see how beautiful it is!
- Although you can use regular garden cucumbers, Persian or English cucumbers work best because they are less watery and have fewer seeds.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions for al dente. (Don't overcook!)
- Drain and spread pasta on a rimmed cookie sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil and set aside.
- Whisk mustard, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil.
- Add cucumbers and feta and toss to coat.
- Add pasta to the bowl with cucumbers and mix together. (If you are making ahead this will keep for two days.)
- Before serving, add chopped cilantro and mint, and drizzle with oil. If desired, squeeze another lemon half over the top.
- Toss and serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.