Healthy Seed Salad Topper Recipe: Crunchy Quinoa & Seeds Can Be Sweet or Savory by Jan Mostrom
There are so many times when I just want a little crunch added to a dish. Whether it is a salad, yogurt or a vegetable or grain bowl, this simple and healthy seed topper will be your new favorite. Make it savory or sweet depending on your likes, and you might just be snacking on it directly from the container you store it in!
This healthy crunchy seed and quinoa topping is wholesome ingredients. Here is your shopping list: quinoa, olive oil, salt, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hempseeds and sesame seeds. If you want a savory topping, you'll also need tamari or liquid aminos. Going sweet? Grab some honey or agave nectar.
If you're still not sure if you need this healthy seed and quinoa mix in your life, read about the health benefits of seeds. I bet it'll make you grab your keys and head to the grocery store for the ingredients! Stay healthy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon tamari or liquid aminos (optional for savory)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional for sweet)
- The quinoa needs to be cooled before it is roasted in the oven. Save time by pre-cooking it a few days before you so can skip the cooling and jump right into the recipe. If you can't prepare ahead, cook 1 cup quinoa in 1 3/4 cups water, bring to a boil and place lid on the pot. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Place quinoa on a parchment and cool in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Here's how to make it:
- Toss cooked and cooled quinoa with olive oil and salt. Spread onto two parchment paper-lined sheet pans in thin layers. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds with 1 tablespoon tamari, or if you are making it sweet, 1 tablespoon honey or agave (or split it and have sweet and savory!).
- Spread onto a parchment paper-lined sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. (You can put this in with your quinoa to cook at the same time.)
- After the seeds and quinoa completely cool, mix together and store in an airtight container up to a month. Enjoy on top of your meals and snacks.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.