Easy Casserole-Style Quiche Recipe for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner by Jan Mostrom
We love quiche at my house. I usually make two quiches on the weekend, one to freeze and one to eat for breakfasts or lunches all week. The ingredients below are vegetarian, but adding ham, bacon or different vegetables is so simple with this adaptable recipe. Use it to clear out your refrigerator and you'll want to make it over and over again!
For this quiche recipe you'll need a premade pie crust, olive oil, vegetables, ham or bacon, shredded cheese, eggs, milk or cream, salt, black pepper, nutmeg and fresh parsley. Try these combinations to change up your options:
- spinach and feta
- onion, spinach and bacon
- onion and chicken sausage
- ham and Swiss or gruyere
- vegetable and ham, bacon or sausage
You can make the quiche ahead of time and reheat or freeze for later. To reheat the quiche, tent the quiche with foil and warm in a 325-degree F oven until heated through, about 15 minutes or try an air fryer on reheat. To freeze the quiche, let the quiche cool completely. Wrap tightly with foil or put into a freezer container then freeze for up to two months. Let thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 1 premade pie crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 - 4 cups mixed raw vegetables (broccoli, onion, mushrooms, peppers, spinach)
- 1 cup cooked ham or bacon (optional)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, colby, Swiss, pepper jack, gruyere or feta)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream (I use whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- fresh chopped parsley, for topping (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Roll out the crust to the shape or size of your pan and place in pan. Cook the vegetables in olive oil until soft. (I like to add the harder ones first like onion and broccoli then the pepper and spinach in my case!)
- Mix the eggs with a fork then add milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Layer the vegetables (and meat if you choose) and cheese in the bottom of the crust. Gently add the egg and milk mixture. Top with chopped parsley, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until eggs are firm and top is slightly brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before you slice.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.