Mouthwatering Cornbread Salad Recipe With Beans & Bacon: Meet Your New Favorite Summer Salad by Chef Gigi
Bean, bacon and cornbread salad recipe? Yes, please. This is a great sharing salad you can put together quick and easy and bring to your next summer potluck, holiday or family gathering. This cornbread salad is excellent with anything off the grill or just by itself!
For this colorful, flavorful salad recipe you'll need cornbread, bacon, sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, pinto beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, whole kernel corn and shredded cheddar cheese. The dressing is a tasty combination of mayo, sour cream and ranch dressing, and it complements the fresh salad ingredients perfectly. You can mix the dressing with the salad ingredients or serve it on the side. I sometimes add black beans to make this salad even more colorful.
For a fun presentation, you can also layer portions of the cornbread into the bottom of a glass trifle bowl and evenly build with layers of pinto beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, corn, cheese, bacon and the dressing. Repeat the layers like building a lasagna. So pretty! This cornbread salad is perfect for Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day or any summer event.
Prep Time: 30 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounces) cornbread mix or your favorite cornbread recipe
- 15 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 cup green or red bell pepper, deseeded, chopped medium dice
- 1 cup green onions, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
Here's how to make it:
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions. Cool, then crumble into large bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Set bacon onto a foil-lined high-sided baking sheet and position it in the oven below the cornbread. Allow the bacon to cook until evenly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread pieces, pinto beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, corn and cheese. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch dressing together and combine well.
- Place the dressing in a bowl on a serving dish to serve dressing on the side, or toss with the salad ingredients to coat. Serve cold.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.