Shortcut Stuffed Crust Crescent Pizza Recipe Is Pizza Night Perfection by Melissa Vickers
When I see a new recipe that sounds interesting enough to save and try, I don’t always look for the recipe before heading to the grocery store for the week’s food. And so sometimes I don’t always come home with what I’d hoped for. Sometimes that works out in spite of my lack of complete lists. This pizza recipe ended up being one of those cases!
The original recipe called for a roll of refrigerated pizza dough, but I ended up with a roll of crescent dough instead. While that pizza recipe also called for sausage and pepperoni as toppings, I opted for vegetables instead. And since I’d just tried a new frozen mushroom in wine sauce recipe and I didn’t have any fresh mushrooms, I used those and some chopped olives and onion. The stuffed-crust pizza recipe also called for more cheese in the crust than I wanted, so I cut the sticks of mozzarella in half.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dough sheets (I used Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet)
- 4 sticks (1 ounce each) mozzarella cheese, pulled in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1 cup cooked mushrooms (I used an 11-ounce package of Birds Eye Skillets Garlic & White Wine Mushrooms)
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Spray 13x9-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough and place in pan, leaving enough on all four sides to roll over cheese. (It won’t fill the pan.) Place strips of cheese sticks around edge and roll dough over to enclose them.
- In small bowl mix melted butter and garlic. Use this to brush dough, including rolled crusts. Sprinkle edges with Italian seasoning. Spread spaghetti sauce over dough. Add vegetables or your choice of toppings.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. (I started with the pan on a higher rack and then moved it to the middle after 16 minutes or so.)
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.