Scrumptious Baked Salmon Salad With Creamy Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing by Jan Mostrom
I decided to do what you're never supposed to do for a dinner party – I made a new recipe. I know, I know. Why would I do that? Well, first off it was cooking for dear friends so I knew even if it was the worst thing ever we could order pizza. I'm here to tell you they raved about this fusion baked salmon salad recipe.
The combination of the flavors in this main dish salad was so fresh and creamy, and we all absolutely loved it. And you can easily take any part of this recipe and make it your own. Don't like salmon? Try chicken or no meat at all. And the creamy dressing is delicious on a simple green salad like the one here or on tacos, chicken or tofu. Pair this healthy salad with crispy lemon potatoes and you'll have a meal you'll want to make over and over.
This this scrumptious salmon salad you'll need salmon fillets, your favorite seasoning (I used a mild Cajun seasoning), salt, baby arugula or other salad greens, cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, avocado, pumpkin seeds and crumbled goat or feta cheese. Simple, wholesome, healthy ingredients.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 salmon fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cajun seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 ounces baby arugula (or your favorite greens)
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced and salted (or English cucumbers)
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- creamy cilantro lime dressing
Here's how to make it:
- Line small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place salmon filets on sheet skin side down and sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 15 minutes for rare or 17 for more well done. When done remove skins from filets and set aside.
- While salmon cooks make the creamy cilantro dressing. In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Prep salad ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine salad ingredients but only half of the pumpkin seeds and cheese. Toss with a bit of dressing.
- Transfer salad to a large platter and top with the warm salmon filets and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle the second half of the pumpkin seeds and cheese on top, if desired.
- Serve with crispy potatoes for a delicious and complete meal.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.