Viral Crispy Lemon Roasted Potatoes Recipe: Another Recipe People Are Losing Their Minds Over by Jan Mostrom
This fabulous crispy lemon potato recipe has become a viral hit – and it's a winner. I made these crispy lemony potatoes for the first time as a side dish for a dinner party and everyone raved about them. It takes a bit of time to first boil and then bake the potatoes, but I promise, it's worth it.
It's amazing how just a few different combination of ingredients can elevate potatoes to a new level. For this viral baked potato recipe you'll need Yukon gold potatoes, garlic, dried oregano or Italian herbs, cooking oil, a lemon and fresh parsley. The potatoes are first boiled until fork-tender, then tossed with a lemon sauce and baked until crispy. Delicious!
Enjoy these lemon roasted potatoes with any dinner. We like them with cilantro-lime salmon. If you like this viral recipe, try these other equally delicious potato recipes:
- Mediterranean Lemon Potatoes
- Magic Mayonnaise Roasted Potatoes
- Steakhouse Criss Cross Potatoes
- Lemon Feta Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 35 minutes
- 6 - 8 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, herbes de provence or Italian herbs (or any combination you like)
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 1 lemon (1/2 for juicing and 1/2 for slicing)
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes into a medium-sized pot and cover with water. Place them on the stove on high and boil for about 20 minutes until they are tender when you put a fork in them. (Don't over boil as they will fall apart in the oven.)
- While the potatoes boil preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a large cookie sheet with sides, pour enough oil to generously cover the bottom of the pan. (Depending on the size of your pan it may take more or less oil.) You want a really good covering of oil all over the bottom. Place cookie sheet with oil into the oven while it preheats.
- Make the lemon sauce by combining the spices, minced garlic and the juice from 1/2 the lemon. Set aside. Slice the second half of the lemon into thin pieces and set aside with the spice mixture.
- When fork-tender, remove the potatoes and drain in a colander. Cover colander and potatoes with a kitchen towel and set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the towel and give the potatoes a good shake inside the colander to rough up the edges. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and carefully place potatoes and toss to cover them with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and return pan to the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the potatoes and place on a heat-proof surface. Turn oven up to 400 degrees F. Add the lemon juice mixture and lemon slices to the potatoes and gently toss to coat. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove the crispy potatoes and taste to see if more salt and pepper is needed. Transfer them to a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.