Sheet Pan Grilled Vegetables Dinner With Feta: A Vegetarian Dinner With a Whirlwind of Flavors by Jan Mostrom
To make cooking more enjoyable, I really like to minimize the cleanup. Enter this easy sheet pan recipe. You can toss all the vegetables on the pan, reducing the cleanup, and have it ready in about 45 minutes. The combination of tastes, salty feta and lemon with tomatoes and grilled vegetables, makes this a wonderful easy dinner on any night of the week.
For this simple vegetarian sheet pan recipe you'll need broccolini or broccoli, grape tomatoes, red onion, lemon, olive oil, ground cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, feta cheese or halloumi cheese, a grain like pasta or quinoa, and fresh basil leaves. All the ingredients except the grain and basil leaves cook together on a sheet pan in the oven for about 45 minutes. Pile the roasted vegetables and cheese on top of your grain of choice. So fresh and delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 large bunches broccolini, ends trimmed, thick stalks split lengthwise, or broccoli, stalks trimmed and cut into large bite-size pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (about 2 cups)
- 1 red onion, peeled, quartered and cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, half cut into thin rounds, or 1 preserved lemon in quarters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 blocks (6- to 8-ounces each) feta (or halloumi), cut into 1-inch slices
- cooked orzo, quinoa, pasta or your favorite grain, for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F with the rack on the second level from the bottom. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Put the broccolini, tomatoes, red onion and lemon slices on the sheet pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Add the cumin and a pinch of red pepper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix until all the vegetables are covered. Spread evenly on the sheet pan and then place the feta or halloumi slices into the vegetables.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring midway without disturbing the cheese, until the broccolini is charred at the tips and the tomato skins brown.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook your grain. Remove vegetables when cooked and cut them and cheese into bite side pieces. Place the vegetables on top of the grain. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the remaining lemon half over it. If desired top with chopped fresh herbs.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.