4-Teaspoon Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts Recipe Is Seasoned Perfectly by Donna John
Boneless chicken breasts are always in my freezer, and I love them for a quick dinner. There are so many different ways to cook chicken breasts, and I'm always looking for recipes that I don't have to make a trip to the store for. This pan-seared chicken recipe with charred lemon uses pantry ingredients and is on the table in about 20 minutes.
The chicken breasts are seasoned with a blend of garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder and dried oregano – 1 teaspoon of each. (Now you get the name!) The chicken is also given a squirt of fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. The chicken breasts are pan-fried in a skillet in a little more olive oil along with lemon slices. The chicken and lemon turn a deep golden brown as they cook. The flavor of this chicken is amazing! You won't be able to stop eating it.
Serve this one-pan chicken with your favorite side dishes. I served mine with Mediterranean lemon potatoes and a fresh garden salad with lemon vinaigrette. Shred any leftover chicken for a tasty chicken salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes (determined by thickness of chicken)
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 lemon, half juiced and other half sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste, then sprinkle the seasoning all over on both sides. Drizzle with a little olive oil and squirt with fresh lemon juice.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and lemon slices and cook until chicken is golden on the first side.
- Flip the chicken and lemon slices over and continue to cook until just cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
- Serve the chicken with the charred lemon on top.
Note: I cut this recipe in half and used two chicken breasts and half of the seasoning blend.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.