Air Fryer Tacos Recipe: Crispy Ground Beef Tacos in Your Mouth Quick by Donna John
Tacos. They are my weakness. From ground beef tacos to chicken tacos to fish tacos to birria tacos to cauliflower tacos to carnitas tacos, I love all tacos. Wanting to try something new, I made these air fryer tacos on taco night. Instead of my usual crunchy shells, these are made with soft tortillas and crisp up as they cook in the air fryer.
These ground beef air fryer tacos have a short shopping list: ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese and tortillas. That's the basic taco, but if you want toppings add lettuce, tomato, avocado and whatever else you like topping your taco.
The ground beef is cooked in a skillet with the taco seasoning according to package directions. Heat the tortillas slightly and add some cheese and ground beef. The original recipe said to brush with oil, but I went birria style and rubbed the outsides of the tortillas in the grease from the seasoned taco meat (more flavor!). Fold the tortillas over to make a taco and air fry for about eight minutes or until hot and the outside is crispy. You can flip them halfway through, but I actually forgot to do that, and they were still crispy on both sides.
Gently open up the hot crispy tacos and stuff with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, red onion, fresh cilantro, guacamole, sliced avocado, sour cream or whatever you like. Serve these tacos with refried beans and rice for a complete dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until browned. Add the taco seasoning and amount of water on package directions. Cook until water has absorbed.
- Microwave the tortillas for about 10 seconds to warm slightly. Add some taco meat and shredded cheese.
- Fold the tortillas over to form a taco. Either brush them with a little oil or dip them into the grease from the taco meat. Lay in the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray in a single layer.
- Cook in a preheated 400-degree F air fryer for about 8 minutes, flipping them over halfway through, if desired.
- Gently open the tops and stuff with desired taco toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.