TikTok Chicken Cobbler Recipe: The Chicken Pot Pie Recipe People Lost Their Minds Over by Donna John
Casseroles and chicken pot pies are always a big hit at my house, so when I was hearing rumblings about a viral TikTok chicken cobbler recipe made like a dump cake, I had to make it ASAP. This chicken cobbler recipe is hearty, fun to make, easy to make, quick to make and is a satisfying, comforting dinner. After just a couple bites, my husband requested it be put into the recipe rotation.
The reason this chicken pot pie is fun to make is because it is layered and not stirred like a dump cake or my peach cobbler recipe. The chicken casserole also has simple ingredients: a rotisserie chicken (or equivalent in leftover chicken), butter, frozen mixed vegetables, garlic powder or your favorite seasoning, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix, milk, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. The ingredients are layered in a 13x9-inch baking dish then baked for about 50 minutes and up to one hour, depending on your oven. You want the top a rich golden brown.
An important step in making this TikTok chicken cobbler is to let it sit for at least 10 minutes after baking so the sauce has time to firm up and become a gravy. Serve this rich chicken casserole for dinner with a fresh side dish like a salad or vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus time to sit after baking
Cook Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- garlic powder or other seasonings
- 1 box Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth (2 cups)
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
Here's how to make it:
- Put the melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer the shredded chicken over the butter. Do not stir.
- Layer the frozen mixed vegetables over the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder or seasonings of choice. Do not stir.
- Stir together the biscuit mix, seasoning packet that comes with it and milk in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the mixed vegetables. Do not stir.
- Stir together the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the biscuit mix layer. Do not stir.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour (ovens vary) or until golden on top. Remove from the oven and let the cobbler sit for about 10 to 15 minutes so the sauce firms up.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.