No-Bake Pound Cake Recipe With Macerated Strawberries & Whipped Cream by Donna John
No-bake desserts are like gifts from the gods during the hot summer months. Who wants to turn on the oven when it's triple digits outside? This no-bake pound cake recipe with macerated strawberries and whipped cream is delicious, impressive and beyond easy to make. (Just don't tell anybody!)
For this pound cake recipe you will need a pint of fresh strawberries, granulated sugar, Grand Marnier or citrus juice, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and a frozen pound cake. First, the strawberries are macerated in the granulated sugar and Grand Marnier. While they soak and release their juices, whip the heavy cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla. To assemble the cake, cut the pound cake in half, top with the whipped cream, strawberries, the other half of the cake and dust with powdered sugar. D.O.N.E.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (about 2 cups), washed, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus additional for dusting the top
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed and cut in half lengthwise
- If you don't have Grand Marnier or don't like using alcohol in recipes, replace with your favorite citrus juice.
- Don't let the strawberries macerate so long that they become mushy. You just want them to release their juices.
- Want an even more indulgent dessert? Use chocolate whipped cream!
- Want more strawberries? Use two pints and double the Grand Marnier and sugar.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the strawberries into a mixing bowl. Add the granulated sugar and Grand Marnier. Stir and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Put the heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoon powdered sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer pr whisk, beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put half of the pound cake onto a serving platter. Top with the whipped cream, then macerated strawberries. Add the top half of the cake and dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.