Grilled Banana Boat Sundaes Recipe: Grill Those Ice Cream Sundaes on Mother's Day by Napoleon
Don’t forget about dessert on Mother's Day! Full of warm banana chocolatey goodness and topped with ice cream and toppings of your choice, these grilled banana sundaes will be loved by the whole family. The best part? This recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious.
These grilled banana boat sundaes have got to be the easiest barbecue dessert recipe to make, ever! The hardest part is gently slicing and rolling the banana skin to make the boat part. The rest is a piece of edible artwork that you throw on the grill and eat warm, smothered in ice cream. You can even make your own homemade ice cream, too! Try this BBQ dessert recipe and your kids will be hooked. Because you can customize them, they’re allergy friendly, too!
Grilled banana boat sundaes are easily customized for everyone’s tastes and needs (allergy friendly). What goes on your perfect ice cream sundae?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 firm bananas
- 12 bamboo skewers
- ice cream
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- butter toffee chips
- butterscotch chips
- mini marshmallows
- peanut butter
- hot fudge
- caramel sauce
- Greek yogurt
- broken chocolate bars
- whipped cream
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Gently slice through the skin of the banana and cut a thin, open-ended rectangle starting from the stem end. Curl the banana peel up, exposing the fruit, and use two bamboo skewers to hold the flap open. They also have the added bonus of holding the banana upright and steady. Try to make this look fancy.
- Scoop out a little of the banana's innards to make a small trough for toppings. Carefully slice the banana in half, but don't cut through the skin on the other side.
- Fill the bananas with desired toppings.
- Bake with the lid down, using indirect heat, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the candy and chocolate have melted and the banana skins are completely black in color. Carefully remove the bananas from the grill and top them with ice cream, whipped cream and whatever you love to top your banana splits with. Don't forget a cherry on top.
Photos and recipe courtesy of Napoleon Products.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.