3-Ingredient Ultra-Crispy (Ultra!) Baked Orange Pepper Chicken Recipe by Donna John
Baked chicken is a favorite of mine to eat and cook. My baked chicken recipes range from Caesar baked chicken to French baked chicken to Italian baked chicken to ranch baked chicken to harissa baked chicken (and lots more!). I'm finding the simple recipes are usually the best. I've also been experimenting with how to get the crispiest chicken skin. This ultra-crispy baked orange pepper chicken was a flavorful, successful chicken dinner.
The three-ingredient chicken recipe baked up juicy, super crispy and loaded with orange and black pepper flavor. All you need for this baked chicken is bone-in chicken pieces (I used thighs), orange pepper seasoning and olive oil. Start by seasoning the bottom of the chicken with a little orange pepper seasoning and putting them into an oiled baking dish. Use your fingers to lift the skin off of the meat without completely removing it (it's still attached on one side). Season the meat with the seasoning, lay the skin back down and season it with the seasoning blend. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until the skin is crispy and the meat cooked through.
This method works because the heat from the oven can get to both sides of the chicken skin, so it gets really crispy as it bakes in the oven. Not only that, but you get seasoning on the meat, too, not just the skin. Win-win! If you don't like orange pepper seasoning, try this baking method with your favorite seasoning blend. Serve this easy orange pepper chicken with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 4 - 6 bone-in chicken thighs or legs (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- orange pepper seasoning blend
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt on both sides (if your seasoning blend has salt in it, do so sparingly) and put into a baking dish that's been drizzled with olive oil. Season the bottom with a little orange pepper seasoning. With your fingers, carefully lift the skin up from the meat without fully removing it.
- Season the chicken meat with the orange pepper seasoning.
- Fold the chicken skin back over the meat and season with orange pepper seasoning. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until cooked through (165 degrees internal temperature), about 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on size of chicken pieces and your oven.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.