No-Flour Skillet Cornbread Recipe Is Naturally Gluten-free & Irresistible by 30Seconds Food
Who doesn't love a slab of hot, fresh-out-of-the-oven cornbread? This easy cornbread recipe doesn't use flour, so it is naturally gluten free. The cornbread has a crisp bottom that's created when the batter is poured into a hot skillet. You'll hear the sizzle and know the magic is already happening!
This gluten-free cornbread is made with stone-ground cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, kosher salt, eggs, buttermilk and honey for a little sweetness. The ingredients are combined until just moistened (this helps make a moister cornbread) and poured into a very hot cast iron skillet that's coated with coconut oil. Bake the cornbread until it's golden brown and just cooked through.
If you don't have a cast iron skillet you could use any ovenproof pan. You could also use a 9-inch square cake pan, but be sure to bake it a little longer because it will be thicker. The same thing goes if you use a larger or smaller cast iron skillet. Serve this homemade cornbread as a side dish with dinner, hot or at room temperature, with butter or more honey for drizzling. Store the leftovers in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs until they're foamy. Stir in the buttermilk and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet in a 400-degree F oven until very hot, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and pour in the batter. Put the skillet back into the oven and bake for about 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.