Hollywood Cobb Salad Recipe: A Timeless Salad for Mother's Day (Just Like Mom) by Chef Gigi
Cobb salad was developed by Bob Cobb in 1937 for his Brown Derby Restaurant in Hollywood, Calif. The delicious salad recipe has become a famous American dish since. This easy cobb salad is the perfect meal to serve mom on Mother's Day for lunch, brunch or dinner. Arrange it on a beautiful white platter and present it to mom with pride!
The classic cobb salad starts with a bed of green lettuce with rows of chicken, avocado, fresh tomatoes, eggs, bacon and blue cheese arranged on top. The beautiful salad is so refreshing and tasty and could be served as an entrée for dinner. Accompany this healthy, colorful salad with my cobb salad dressing or your favorite bottled or homemade salad dressing.
Pro Tip: Feel free to change ingredients, such as swapping chicken for broiled salmon or adding your favorite raw vegetables.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 6 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and chilled
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled or poached
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered and cut in chucks
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 springs parsley, finely chopped
Cobb Salad Dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a small skillet until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel and cool. While the bacon cooks, boil two hard-boiled eggs, peel and a quarter. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Add the salad dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce. Wrap in a slightly damp paper towel, place in an airproof container and chill to a crisp.
- Arrange the remaining salad ingredients on a platter and top it with decorative rows of chicken, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, crumbled cheese and bacon. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve the dressing on the side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.