5-Ingredient Chicken Chili Soup Recipe Is How to Welcome Spring by Jan Mostrom
The slow cooker is an easy way to make this delicious and light five-ingredient chicken chili that is really more like soup. So let's call it chicken chili soup! Chicken broth, cumin, boneless breasts or thighs, salsa verde and white beans are all you need to make this delicious meal for dinner tonight.
To make the easy chicken chili, put all the ingredients into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for four to five hours or low heat for six to seven hours. Ladle the chicken chili into bowls and top with diced avocado, chopped fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, chopped red or green onions, sour cream, crumbled tortilla chips or fresh jalapeño slices. Or top with nothing at all! It's still absolutely delish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 4 hours (high heat) or 6 to 7 hours (low heat)
Total Time: 4 hours
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 - 4 boneless uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless, skinless thighs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) great northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) salsa verde (store-bought or homemade)
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
Here's how to make it:
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours or low heat for 6 to 7 hours.
- When chicken is cooked removed to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Return chicken to pot.
- Serve in bowls with optional toppings. Add fresh bread or cornbread and you've got a delicious satisfying meal.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.