Lemon Meringue Pie Sangria Recipe: A Refreshing Lemon Sangria Recipe for Weekend Sipping by Donna John
My dad's favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie. Actually, he loves all lemon desserts. So when my parents came over for Easter, I decided to surprise them with a pitcher of lemon meringue pie sangria. This sweet and tart sangria recipe is the perfect sip for lemon lovers!
Start the sangria recipe by making a lemon simple syrup (and it really is simple!). Bring granulated sugar, water and the juice form one lemon to a boil, stir to dissolve the sugar and remove from the heat. Cool completely before using it in the sangria. I made my simple syrup the day before and stored it in an airtight to-go soup container. To complete the lemon sangria, stir together the lemon simple syrup, white wine, lemonade, vodka (whipped cream flavored or vanilla vodka will work), limoncello and sliced fresh lemons. Stir and chill until cold.
This lemon sangria is lemony – but not overwhelmingly so. It gets all the lemon flavor from lemonade, limoncello and the lemon simple syrup. Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur that's especially popular in Southern Italy and the Amalfi Coast. The lemon liqueur is often served after dinner or between courses. I was blessed enough to have my first limoncello and Aperol Spritz in Italy!
This easy lemon meringue pie sangria is the perfect weekend sip. Keep a pitcher of the lemon cocktail ready in the fridge. Cheers!
Cuisine: American / Spanish
Prep Time: 5 minutes, plus time for simple syrup to cool
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
Lemon Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine (I used sauvignon blanc)
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1/2 cup vanilla vodka or whipped cream-flavored vodka
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 1 - 2 lemons, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Make the simple syrup by bringing the water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil in a saucepot. (Squeeze the lemon through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.)
- Stir until the sugar dissolves then remove from the heat. Cool.
- To make the sangria, combine the bottle of wine, lemonade, vodka, limoncello, cooled lemon simple syrup and sliced lemons in a pitcher. Stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour into glasses, add a slice or two of lemon and garnish as desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.