20-Minute Asian Ground Beef Stir-fry Recipe With Healthy Peppers by 30Seconds Food
Ground beef is an economical ingredient in meals and can be made into so many wonderful dishes. From burgers to casseroles to meatloaves to meatballs and everything else in between, you can't go wrong with a ground beef dinner recipe. This easy Asian ground beef stir-fry recipe is super tasty and is ready in about 20 minutes.
Lean ground beef is cooked with healthy and colorful bell peppers, onion, garlic and ginger. When the ground beef is cooked through and the peppers crisp-tender, a sauce is poured in to pull all the ingredients together. The Asian sauce is a mixture of beef broth, soy sauce, molasses, garlic chile paste and Worcestershire sauce. A simple cornstarch slurry helps thicken the mixture before it's served. The thinly sliced orange peel adds more color and a hint of orange essence.
If you don't have molasses, you could substitute honey. Serve this easy stir-fry recipe over rice, quinoa or Chinese noodles. This is a wonderful recipe for meal prepping, too. An added bonus: the tri-colored peppers are loaded with health benefits!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Ground Beef and Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups large-chopped bell peppers (yellow, red and green)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- thinly sliced orange peel (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- Stir the beef broth. soy sauce, molasses, garlic chile paste and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet until cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add the peppers and onion. Cook until peppers are tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes and orange peel, if using, and cook 30 seconds. Return the ground beef to the skillet.
- Add the sauce to the skillet. In a small bowl, stir together the water and cornstarch. Bring the ground beef mixture to a boil, then stir in the cornstarch slurry. Season with black pepper, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.