Creamy Garlic & Herb Green Bean Casserole Recipe Is How to Eat Vegetables by 30Seconds Food
"You probably have all of these ingredients on hand, just pull that package of green beans out of the freezer, and get these garlic and herb creamy green beans on your dinner table tonight," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Fresh green beans may be substituted for the frozen, however, you’ll need to blanch your fresh green beans for just two minutes. If you like your green beans softer, I would steam them for five to seven minutes."
Rachel says dried herbs are a great substitute for fresh herbs, "but if you’re using dried herbs, you’ll need to use less, just 1 teaspoon each." Leftovers of this green bean casserole can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour or arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, pasture-raised milk or pasture raised cream
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- 20 ounces frozen green beans, thawed
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Garlic Press
- Fresh green beans may be substituted for the frozen. Blanch the fresh green beans for just 2 minutes before adding to the casserole.
- If you don't have fresh herbs, used dried herbs.
- You can use regular all-purpose flour for this recipe if you're not on a gluten-free diet.
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, whisk flour with milk, garlic and freshly chopped herbs. Place over medium heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until sauce is thick and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Turn heat off, and allow to cool a bit, then season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the green beans into a 2- to 3-quart baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Drizzle the sauce over them. Toss well to coat.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Top the green bean casserole with crumbled bacon and sprinkle with additional fresh herbs, if desired.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Clean Food Crush®.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 19.9g
Saturated Fat: 14.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 13.4g
Dietary Fiber: 5.3g
Total Sugars: 3.4g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.