Favorite 20-Minute Crispy Ground Beef Hoisin Noodles Recipe by Donna John
If you're craving Asian takeout, that doesn't mean you have to order and wait for a delivery guy, or get in your car and pick it up. Nope. You can make a delicious crispy ground beef hoisin noodle dish in your own kitchen in about 20 minutes.
Instead of sliced steak, this noodle recipe calls for ground beef. The ground beef is cooked in a little oil until it gets very browned and crispy. The secret is to cook the meat over high heat and do not stir for about five minutes. Next comes sliced onion, then garlic, followed by shredded napa cabbage (aka Chinese cabbage) and grated carrot. The vegetables are cooked quickly over high heat before the cooked egg noodles, oyster, sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet soy sauce and white vinegar are stirred in. Season with a little black pepper and you're ready to roll.
If you can't find Chinese egg noodles or chow mein noodles, try this Asian recipe with rice noodles or even regular angel air pasta or spaghetti. Serve these 20-minute ground beef hoisin noodles for dinner in a bowl with chopsticks, or add a crispy egg roll on the side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 7 - 9 ounces fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Do not stir the meat while it cooks by itself. This helps it get crispy.
- You could make this recipe other types of noodles. Chow mein noodles work well.
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add the crumbled ground beef in a single layer. Cook, without disturbing, until meat is browned and beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir and break the meat up.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrot and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet soy sauce and vinegar. Stir to combine. Season with black pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.1g
Saturated Fat: 3.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 83.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.7g
Total Sugars: 4.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.