Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe: No Ingredients to Google in This Delightful DIY Dessert Topping by 30Seconds Food
Spring and summer desserts almost demand a dollop of sweet whipped cream topping – or their main ingredient is that famous non-dairy whipped topping we all know and love. But before you buy another tub of the fluffy non-dairy whipped concoction, read this list:
- hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut and palm kernel oils)
- high fructose corn syrup
- corn syrup
- natural and artificial flavor
- xanthan and guar gums
- polysorbate 60
- sorbitan monostrearate
- sodium polyphosphate
Those are some of the ingredients in that go-to non-dairy whipped topping.
Did you know you can make homemade whipped topping? This homemade dessert topping recipe is made with water, unflavored gelatin, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Nothing you need to google. We understand that some people cannot eat dairy, so this DIY whipped cream recipe isn't an option, but if you want to skip all the additives and know what's in your dessert topping, it's an easy recipe to make.
Use this homemade topping on all your favorite desserts and in recipes calling for whipped topping. Three cups of this homemade dessert topping recipe equals one 8-ounce tub of the store-bought kind. Store the topping in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Why not try it for those Easter recipes? Easy and delicious!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes about 4 cups
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water into a saucepot and sprinkle in the unflavored gelatin. Let it sit for about 2 minutes to bloom. Turn the heat on to medium-low and stir until the gelatin dissolves completely. Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool (don't let it cool so much it hardens up).
- With an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. On low speed, start slowly adding the powdered sugar until incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat to combine. (Do not overbeat or you will end up with butter.)
- Slowly pour the gelatin mixture into the whipped cream and beat on low until combined. Once incorporated, increase the speed to medium and beat until medium peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.