One-Pan Curried Shrimp & Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe Is a Winning Tropical Dinner by Jan Mostrom
This is one of my new favorite recipes! The curry and pineapple turns regular fried rice into a lovely tropical one-dish dinner. I absolutely love the combination of the flavors and how easily this shrimp and pineapple fried rice recipe comes together.
I changed the protein from chicken to shrimp, but feel free to pick your favorite protein. If you don't have jasmine rice try white rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice. I like to use the frozen packets of jasmine rice, and one- to two-day-old rice is good because the drier the rice, the better.
The tasty fried rice is made with garlic, shrimp, onions, pineapple, sweet bell peppers, carrots, green onions, jasmine rice and cashews. The flavorful sauce that coats each tender grain of rice is a mixture of yellow curry powder, granulated sugar, black pepper, salt, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice or rice vinegar. The flavors in this one-pan dish are amazing!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, peanut oil or avocado oil (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 - 10 ounces shrimp (or chicken breast, thinly sliced into thin, small pieces or tofu )
- 1/2 cup onions, diced small
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, sliced into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sweet bell peppers, diced small (red, yellow or orange)
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced small
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced small
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked before cooking
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- lime wedges, fresh cilantro, sriracha, for garnish (optional)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar or sugar substitute (or none at all)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (can use vegan fish sauce or use more soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or gluten-free liquid aminos like Braggs)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or rice vinegar
Here's how to make it:
- Make the sauce by combining curry powder, sugar, pepper, lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat to medium-high heat, and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil. Once hot, add garlic and fry until lightly golden brown and fragrant, 30 seconds or so. Add the shrimp and cook until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes, lowering heat if needed. Remove from pan. (If you want the tails removed, do it now. I waited until later and it's much easier at this step.)
- Add a bit more oil and the onion. Stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the pineapple. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetables and green onions, and cook until the vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside with the shrimp.
- Add a little more oil and stir fry the rice. Make a well in the center and scramble the egg. Add shrimp and vegetables back into the pan.
- Add the sauce, stir well and let the fried rice cook for 1 to 2 more minutes. Add the cashews and cilantro. Stir well, turn the heat off, taste and season as needed with soy sauce and lime juice. Or add more curry powder if you’d like a little spice.
- Serve warm with a side of lime wedges and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.