Crispy Baked Eggplant Recipe Will Make an Eggplant Lover Out of You by Jan Mostrom
Think you don't like eggplant? You'll change your mind after tasting this easy crispy baked eggplant recipe! This is a quick and easy appetizer or side dish recipe that is so delicious, gluten-free and will be gooey delicious in less than an hour. No one has been disappointed and I hope you won't be either!
Eggplant is sliced into rounds and then dipped into beaten egg and seasoned flour. The breaded eggplant is baked in the oven on parchment paper-covered baking sheets for about 1 hour or until golden and crispy on both sides. I use almond flour to make this a gluten-free recipe, but you could use all-purpose flour or your favorite flour. Adjust the salt and pepper measurements to fit your tastes.
Eggplant has many health benefits. The purple vegetable is full of antioxidants, vitamin A and vitamin C. Eggplant also contains polyphenols, which may help cells work better at processing sugar. This is great news if you're diabetic!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 1 medium to large eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 - 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
Here's how to make it:
- Slice the eggplant into rounds.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, stir together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dip the eggplant rounds in the egg and then into the flour to coat.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Flip the eggplant over and continue baking another 30 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Make sure they are brown and inside is gooey before removing from the oven.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.