Easy Nashville Hot Grilled (or Baked) Chicken Recipe Fires Up Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Nashville Hot seems to be all the rage lately. You can't open a restaurant menu or scroll through recipes online without seeing something from Nashville that's hot. These easy grilled or baked chicken legs decided to join the party. They are juicy and pack some spice!
The chicken legs are seasoned with salt and black pepper before being grilled or baked until juicy and cooked through. A simple Nashville Hot sauce is made with hot sauce (use your favorite), vegetable oil, sugar, garlic powder, smoked paprika and a shake of cayenne (add as much as you like). The cooked chicken drumsticks are tossed in the sauce or you can baste it on during the last few minutes of cooking (or do both!). Either way, these chicken legs are on fire!
You could use chicken thighs, chicken wings or chicken breast for this chicken dinner. Keep in mind that cooking times will vary depending on the chicken pieces used. Serve this Nashville Hot chicken with a cold salad like cole slaw, potato salad, macaroni salad or cucumber salad. And don't forget the pickles!
If you like this Nashville Hot recipe try our Nashville Hot chicken tenders, Nashville Hot chicken wings, Nashville Hot fried shrimp and homemade Nashville Hot sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes to grill and 40 minutes to bake (ovens and grills vary)
Total Time: 30 to 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 - 3 pounds chicken legs
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- dash of ground cayenne pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the grill to medium heat or the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, covered, turning often, until cooked through, about 20 minutes. If you bake in the oven, put the chicken on a baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 30 to 40 minutes. (Chicken should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.)
- While the chicken cooks, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Toss the cooked chicken in the sauce or you can brush the sauce on the chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Grills $30 & Up
Hot Sauce $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.