April Fools' Day Prank Ideas for Kids: Fun Frozen Breakfast Cereal & Milk by Chef Gigi
April Fools' Day breakfast is the perfect time to get em' when they least expect it. This frozen cereal and milk prank is a humorous way to start the day.
This year, April fool your family at breakfast with this frozen cereal and milk. They'll be so surprised when they try to grab that spoon out of the cereal only to find it is frozen inside the milk. But they'll be delighted to find vanilla pudding hiding under the cereal. Like a cereal pudding pop!
If you don't want to make your own homemade vanilla pudding, you could use premade pudding cups or make a box of instant vanilla pudding. It's a time-saver, but if you do have the time, there's nothing better than homemade pudding.
What's your favorite Aprils Fools' Day prank?
Prep Time: 24 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total time: 24 hours and 10 minutes
- 2 cups milk
- 2 spoons
- 2 cups breakfast cereal
- 1 recipe vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Here's how to make it:
- To make the vanilla pudding, in a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk and egg yolks. Cook over medium-low heat, occasionally whisking every minute or two, until the mixture is gently bubbling, about 8 minutes. Once bubbling, continue cooking for 1 to 2 additional minutes, gently whisking once or twice. The pudding should be thick but still pourable. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Transfer the pudding to a large bowl. Cool and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or until chilled.
- To make the frozen cereal bowl, the night before you plan on pulling your frozen cereal prank, pour 1 cup of milk into each medium-sized cereal bowl and place a spoon inside the bowl. Freeze.
- The following day, spread the vanilla pudding evenly over the frozen milk. Top with your family's favorite breakfast cereal, serve and watch your kids laugh eating breakfast!
Pro Tip: If you notice scrambled eggs or lumps in your pudding, place a fine mesh strainer over a heatproof bowl to remove lumps. Pour the mixture through the strainer and into the bowl.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.