Mom's Incredible Banana Bread Recipe: A Moist & Delicious Family Tradition by Jan Mostrom
This family banana bread recipe was a staple in our house when I was growing up. I loved walking in from school to the smell of this delicious, moist banana bread in the oven.
My mom used to cook this banana bread recipe as a cake, but I prefer loaf pans to keep the bread moist. I also like to use a combination of whole-wheat flour and all-purpose flour (but you can use just all-purpose if you like!) and a little less sugar to make this bread not only delicious, but also a little healthier.
The easy banana bread recipe is made with butter, eggs, mashed ripe bananas, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar and baking soda. The ingredients are combined, poured into two loaf pans and baked until golden.
Serve this banana bread as a snack or for dessert or even breakfast. It makes two loaves, so maybe you can share one with a friend?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (the riper the banana the sweeter so even really ripe is great)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (or use just all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl combine soft butter with the eggs and mix together. (Save the butter wrappers to use to grease the loaf pans.) Add in bananas, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla and mix. Add flours, sugar and baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Using the butter wrappers grease two 9x5-inch oaf pans and then flour them. Split the batter between the two pans.
- Place pans a preheated 350-degree F oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan and enjoy!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
Whole Wheat Flour $3 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.