Ground Beef Ramen Noodles Recipe: An Asian Slow-cooker Recipe That's Mouth Watering by Donna John
Ramen noodles are one of my favorite things. There's nothing like a big bowl of ramen for lunch or dinner. I also love cooking with ramen noodles, like my ramen beef and broccoli, five-minute chicken ramen soup with dill and creamy ramen sausage skillet. This slow-cooker ground beef ramen noodle recipe was the latest recipe I tried using dry ramen noodles. This Asian recipe packs a lot of flavor!
The ramen noodle recipe is a cinch to make. Brown some ground beef in a skillet and put it into a slow cooker. Add matchstick carrots, chopped red bell pepper, chopped green onions, fresh garlic, low-sodium soy sauce, brown sugar and chicken broth. Give it a good stir, cover and cook on high heat for about four hours. When you're 30 minutes out from dinner, add the dry, uncooked ramen noodles, cover and cook until noodles soften.
The flavors are pretty intense in this recipe. Be sure to use low-sodium soy sauce and there's no need to add more salt when cooking. Season with black pepper. Next time I'm going to add a few squirts of sriracha for a hint of heat. Serve these beef ramen noodles with crispy egg rolls or your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 packages ramen noodles (discard the seasoning packets)
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add it to the slow cooker.
- Add carrots, red bell pepper, green onions, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and chicken broth. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on high heat for about 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker.
- Add the dry ramen noodles. Push them down into the liquid, cover and continue to cook until they are softened.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.