Easy Mexican Penne Pasta Casserole Recipe: A Quick Ground Beef Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Mexican and Italian cooking combine to make one fantastic baked ground beef casserole recipe! This easy penne pasta casserole is a quick and hearty dinner that whole family will enjoy.
Start by cooking ground beef in a skillet. Add taco seasoning, chunky salsa, chopped red bell pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano. In a mixing bowl you'll combine the cooked penne pasta (keep it al dente), half of the shredded cheese and sour cream. The casserole is layered, ending with the remaining cheese, then baked for about 30 minutes. You can add some freshness and color by garnishing with fresh chopped cilantro.
If you're not a fan of penne, use rotini, fusilli, bowtie or any other short dried pasta. Serve this layered pasta casserole with a salad or your favorite side dishes.
Cuisine: Mexican / American / Italian
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 jar (15 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (12 ounces) penne pasta (or your favorite pasta), cooked according to package directions for al dente
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, cook the ground until cooked through. Drain fat. Add the taco seasoning, salsa, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn the heat off.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked pasta, 1 cup of the cheese and the sour cream. Pour half of the pasta into a casserole dish. Top with half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Chunky Salsa $3 & Up
Penne Pasta $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.