Flavortown Turkey Chili Recipe With White Beans Cooks in 30 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Nothing is quite as satisfying as a bowl of chili. Beef chili recipes are plentiful, but we lighted things up a bit with this ground turkey chili recipe. With easy prep and a short cooking time, this hearty chili recipe needs to be in your dinner recipe rotation.
The turkey chili is made with lean ground turkey, onion, canned diced tomatoes, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, fresh garlic, chopped green chiles, sour cream and either navy beans or cannellini beans. After the onion and ground turkey are cooked, the remaining ingredients (except sour cream) are added and the mixture simmers on the stovetop for about 20 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and it is ready to be ladled into bowls.
You could use one can of navy beans and one can of cannellini beans if you can't decide (we feel ya!). Top this hearty turkey chili with shredded cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, more sour cream, chopped avocado, sliced fresh jalapeno, chopped red onion or even crushed tortilla chips. This is a great meal prep recipe and can be frozen.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Total Time: 38 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can (7 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) navy beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add the turkey and onion and cook, breaking up the turkey as you stir, until turkey is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes with juice, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic, green chiles and beans. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat and cook about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Navy Beans $1 & Up
Cannellini Beans $1 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.