20-Minute One-Pan Chicken Recipe With Garlic Caper Cream Sauce Is a Showstopper by 30Seconds Food
Want to impress your guests or the family? This easy 20-minute chicken dinner is a showstopper! Not only in flavor and aroma, but it also looks amazing and will make your mouth water.
The quick and easy chicken with garlic caper cream sauce has a short list of simple ingredients: boneless chicken breasts, garlic powder, smoked paprika, butter, shallot, garlic, white wine, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, heavy cream and capers. The chicken is pan-fried in butter or olive oil until golden and cooked through. The creamy garlic caper cream sauce is a flavorful combination of shallot, garlic, dry white wine, lemon, heavy cream and capers. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and get ready for a taste explosion.
If you don't like capers, leave them out! This one-pan chicken will still be delicious. Serve this easy chicken dinner with pasta (mix some of the sauce into it), mashed potatoes, rice or quinoa. Add a fresh vegetable or salad and you have a winning weeknight dinner in a hurry.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. (Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts.) Remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour the wine into the pan and stir to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Gently simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes. Stir in the capers. Put the chicken back into the pan and spoon the sauce over.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Capers $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.