20-Minute One-Pan Chicken Recipe With Garlic Caper Cream Sauce Is a Showstopper by 30Seconds Food
Want to impress your guests or the family? This easy 20-minute chicken dinner is a showstopper! Not only in flavor and aroma, but it also looks amazing and will make your mouth water.
The quick and easy chicken with garlic caper cream sauce has a short list of simple ingredients: boneless chicken breasts, garlic powder, smoked paprika, butter, shallot, garlic, white wine, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, heavy cream and capers. The chicken is pan-fried in butter or olive oil until golden and cooked through. The creamy garlic caper cream sauce is a flavorful combination of shallot, garlic, dry white wine, lemon, heavy cream and capers. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and get ready for a taste explosion.
If you don't like capers, leave them out! This one-pan chicken will still be delicious. Serve this easy chicken dinner with pasta (mix some of the sauce into it), mashed potatoes, rice or quinoa. Add a fresh vegetable or salad and you have a winning weeknight dinner in a hurry.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, to taste
- smoked paprika, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Here's how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. (Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts.) Remove to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shallot. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Pour the wine into the pan and stir to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Gently simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes. Stir in the capers. Put the chicken back into the pan and spoon the sauce over.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.