Moist Vegan Apple Sour Cream Cake Recipe Tastes Like An Apple Churro by WayFare Foods
This soft and tender cake recipe is loaded with apples and cinnamon in every bite. We use our dairy-free sour cream and vegan butter to lend a soft and subtle tang to this delicious apple cake recipe. This moist apple cake recipe puts a spin on the familiar taste of yummy churros in a cake!
Once you make this apple sour cream cake, everyone will be begging for this recipe! It’s one you’ll surely make for years to come. The best part? It’s completely plant-based! Serve this apple cake warm or cold. Top with your favorite dairy-free whipped cream or ice cream.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegan butter (WayFare Salted Whipped Butter), divided
- 2 cups peeled and sliced apples (McIntosh are best)
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegan sour cream (WayFare Sour Cream)
- 1 1/2 cups flour or your favorite gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Caramel Glaze (Optional)
- 3/4 cups vegan whipped butter (WayFare Salted Whipped Butter)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 3 tablespoons of whipped butter in a heavy skillet . Add the sliced apples and cook on low heat about 6 minutes, until tender, stirring gently. Stir in cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare flax egg, or your choice of egg replacer, and set aside.
- Put the dairy-free sour cream and baking soda into a small bowl. Stir and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, cream remaining butter, sugar and egg substitute together. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. Add the sour cream mixture and stir.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into a well-greased tube pan. Gently spread the apple mixture on top, then spoon the remaining batter over the apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Let the cake cool a few minutes before removing from pan. Drizzle on glaze (optional).
- To make the caramel glaze, melt the butter over low heat in a saucepot. Stir in the brown sugar and dairy-free milk. Bring to a boil over low heat, then reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Stir.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tube Pans $8 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.