6-Ingredient Honey-Glazed Baked Ham Recipe: A No-Stress Easter Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Baked ham takes centerstage when Easter rolls around. There are so many different ways to cook a holiday ham. This honey-glazed spiral ham has just six simple ingredients and is ready in under two hours.
A bone-in spiral-cut ham is brushed with a simple glaze made with honey, brown sugar, ground ginger, ground mustard and ground cinnamon. The ham bakes in the oven covered for about one hour, and then uncovered for about 45 minutes more. Baste the ham as it cooks and let the pan drippings drip down into the spiral slices.
If you're not sure how much ham to cook for your Easter gathering, think about 3/4 pound per person for a bone-in ham and about 1/2 pound per person for boneless ham. If you want to add more moisture to the ham, pour in about 1 cup of apple juice, water or broth. Fully cooked hams can be served warm or cold. If you are cooking a fresh ham, it must be cooked before serving and reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Serve this easy honey-glazed ham with your favorite side dishes. Here are some easy side dishes that complement that baked ham perfectly:
- Honey Balsamic-Glazed Carrots
- Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Au Gratin Potatoes
- Pan Charred Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Garlic Broccoli
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- 1 bone-in fully cooked spiral-sliced ham (about 10 pounds)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Here's how to make it:
- Put the ham into a roasting pan.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, ground ginger, ground mustard and ground cinnamon in a saucepot. Heat over low until warm and smooth. Brush half of the glaze over the ham, letting it drip down between the slices. Cover the ham with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven, basting occasionally with pan drippings, for about 1 hour. Remove the foil and brush with the reserved glaze. Bake uncovered about 45 more minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.