White Queso Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe: Broccoli Soup With Mexican Flair by Melissa Vickers
I wanted some soup for lunch, and the creamy white broccoli soup recipe dropped in my Facebook feed just in time. As it turned out, I had some fresh broccoli that needed using up, as well as a container of white queso dip that I figured could substitute for the cheddar cheese that recipe called for and provide a little heat in the process.
I added some sweet mini peppers and mushrooms to the soup recipe, and then cooked it in my Instant Pot™. The resulting soup wasn’t as thick as the cheddar cheese soup is because I didn’t have any potatoes to put in and I didn’t try to blend some of it into a puree. But who cares!? We enjoyed a very tasty soup for lunch!
Serve this creamy broccoli cheese soup recipe in soup bowls and top with croutons for some texture. If you need meat, you could stir in some cooked, shredded chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 sweet mini peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces (or so) broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 16 ounces white queso dip (I used Panchos White Queso Dip)
- croutons, for serving
Here’s how to make it:
- Set Instant Pot™ to Sauté. When hot, melt butter and add onion and peppers. Cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Pour in broth and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add white queso dip.
- Turn the pot to Off and then to Soup for 30 minutes. Place lid on pot and set valve to Sealing.
- After cooking cycle is done, allow pot to slow release pressure.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Instant Pots $60 & Up
White Queso Dip $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.