Chef's Favorite 20-Minute Pan-Fried White Fish Recipe With Orange Butter Sauce by Chef Gigi
I love, love, love firm white fish pan-fried with butter! A little crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Not to mention orange butter glaze is pretty delicious. But the best part is dinner will be fast and delicious.
This easy pan-fried fish recipe with orange butter sauce is made with any firm, thick white fish fillets. The fish is seasoned with salt and pepper and dusted with cornstarch before being pan-fried in a skillet. The simple orange butter sauce is made with melted butter, honey, orange juice and orange zest. So quick and easy.
If you have a sweet tooth, add a little sprinkling of brown sugar. Shhhh, I won't tell! Serve this pan-fried white fish with nut rice pilaf or your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 firm, thick white fish fillets, patted dry with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- 1 large sprig thyme, for pan
- juice and zest from 2 medium oranges
- 1/8 cup white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- orange slices, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust top with cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 the melted butter, honey, orange juice and zest. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium-high heat, add the remaining butter and the olive oil and heat until very hot. Carefully lay the fish fillets several inches from one another to prevent steaming. Cook each side until fish becomes opaque, feels somewhat firm in the center, and is browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add the thyme and wine or water and begin to lightly bathe the filets with the orange butter as you cook. Check fillets for an internal temperature of 145 degrees F and remove from fillets from the pan.
- Turn the heat to high and reduce the sauce to a glaze, if needed. Serve fish with a drizzle of orange butter sauce and additional orange wedges. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Honey $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.