Cheesy Baked Skillet Ravioli Lasagna Primavera Recipe for Meatless Monday by Melissa Vickers
Sometimes I see new recipes I want to try. Sometimes I see recipes that sound good except I don’t have a specific ingredient (or don’t want to use one). Sometimes I find two similar recipes and can’t decide which one I want to try. So any one of these is good reason to experiment in the kitchen!
Recently I saw the 30Seconds recipe for creamy pasta primavera that sounded really good, but I wanted to do a vegetarian meal, and I wanted a little lighter sauce than a cream cheese-based one. And I found another pasta recipe for making lasagna in a skillet using frozen raviolis that shortcut getting lasagna-like flavors to the table. So, I combined the pasta primavera and ravioli lasagna recipes.
I did use jarred spaghetti sauce, but added fresh broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and sweet bell peppers. The end result was more like a vegetable-laden ravioli than lasagna, but baking it in the oven with the added mozzarella cheese gave it that lasagna flair to it. This baked skillet ravioli lasagna recipe was very good, and paired with some crusty bread for dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- olive oil
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup each: broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen cheese ravioli (spinach and cheese would be tasty, too)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped vegetables and cook 5 minutes, stirring, until vegetables start to soften. Add sauce and heat until simmering.
- Gently separate without tearing any frozen ravioli stuck together. (Any that resist will separate during cooking.) Add ravioli to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until the ravioli are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- If you started with an ovenproof skillet, spoon half of the ravioli mixture into a bowl and arrange the remaining ravioli in an even layer. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella cheese. Arrange the remaining ravioli mixture on top, and sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Top with a good sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. (Note: I started with a 12-inch skillet that I didn’t want to put in the oven, and then made the layers of ravioli and cheese in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Using the larger skillet to begin with made stirring all the vegetables and eventually the ravioli easier.)
- Bake the ravioli lasagna in a preheated 450-degree F oven until bubbling and the cheese is lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.