Quick & Easy Rosemary Pesto Recipe: A Refreshing Change From Basil Pesto by Donna John
Homemade basil pesto is one of my favorite things to make and to eat. But when it's winter or you're still waiting for your new basil plants to get big enough to harvest, you may need to try a new pesto recipe. My rosemary bush grows year-round, so this rosemary pesto recipe has become another to-go dinner recipe for me.
The flavor-packed pesto is made with walnuts, garlic, fresh rosemary, fresh flat-leaf parsley and olive oil. Pulse the ingredients in a food processor until combined. You can puree this into a smooth pesto, or leave it chunkier. Be sure to season the pesto with plenty of salt and pepper. Add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat, if desired.
Use this rosemary pesto recipe on toasted bread, stirred into pasta, rice or quinoa, as a marinade or topping for chicken, beef, fish or shrimp, or thin it out with more olive oil and use it as a salad dressing. Store the pesto in an airtight container on the counter so it doesn't solidify in the refrigerator.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (you could use pine nuts or almonds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Italian flat-leaf parsley, packed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Put the walnuts and garlic into a food processor or blender and pulse until chopped.
- Add the rosemary leaves, parsley, olive oil and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and add more salt and pepper, it needed.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.