Easy Cajun Hasselback Chicken Recipe: This Baked Chicken Recipe Is OMG Good by 30Seconds Food
Our Mediterranean hasselback chicken recipe was such a fan favorite, we decided we needed to spice things up a bit. This easy Cajun hasselback baked chicken recipe is a flavor powerhouse! The low-carb, keto-friendly chicken dinner is super easy to prep and cooks in about 30 minutes.
The hasselback baked chicken recipe starts with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Make five or six cuts with a sharp knife into each breast, being very careful not to cut all the way through the chicken. The chicken marinates quickly in a mixture of olive oil, Cajun seasoning, dried oregano and garlic power. After the spicy soak, the chicken is put on a baking sheet and stuffed with thin slices of red bell pepper, green or yellow bell pepper, red onion and grated cheese. They get a sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley before being baked in the oven for about 30 minutes.
The flavors in this chicken will knock your taste bud's socks off. It's a flavorful meal to add to your weeknight recipe rotation. Serve this baked Cajun chicken with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- small green or yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 - 2 cups grated Monterey Jack, provolone cheese, Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Cut five or six slits in the chicken breasts, not going all the way through.
- Whisk together the olive oil, Cajun seasoning, oregano and garlic powder in a bowl. Add the chicken and marinate for about 10 minutes (longer if you have time).
- Put the chicken onto a baking sheet or in a casserole dish. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff each slit with peppers, onions and some grated cheese. Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.