Baked Chicken Vegetable Roll Recipe With Potatoes & Cheese: A Fun Way to Wrap Up Dinner by Melissa Vickers
I watched this video the other day of a woman making a fancy looking roll with ground beef and vegetables wrapped in a roll of cheese and potato slices. The recipe looked like fun, so I decided to give it a go. This potato chicken vegetable roll recipe was the result.
The original recipe from Enfes Yemek Tarifleri called for ground beef, which we really don’t eat, so I substituted rotisserie chicken and added additional vegetables. That plus the spices and the cheese made for a tasty dinner!
This is such an interesting recipe! Start by sprinkling a baking sheet with shredded cheese, then layer thin-sliced potatoes over the top. This is baked for about 30 minutes. A filling is made with shredded cooked chicken, onion, red bell pepper, broccoli, garlic, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, paprika, ground cumin and thyme. The filling is spread over the baked potatoes and cheese layer and then the whole thing is rolled up. (Watch the video to see how to roll it up.) Bake for another 10 minutes and dinner is ready to roll.
The original recipe called for a lot more than I wanted to make for just the two of us, so I cut the recipe back from three potatoes to two and used a smaller pan. My husband and I both enjoyed this easy dinner recipe. Serve it with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a fiesta blend)
- 2 medium to large potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I didn't include this)
- 8 ounces rotisserie chicken, finely chopped.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (I used a chipotle chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- chopped fresh parsley or parsley flakes, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese evenly.
- Arrange potato slices overlapping on top of cheese. Brush potatoes with oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat chicken, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Add onion, bell pepper, broccoli and garlic. Add chili powder, paprika, cumin and thyme. Add a couple of tablespoons of water if it seems too dry. Stir well and heat until warm.
- Toss on a light layer of cheese on the cooked potatoes. Spread filling over cheese.
- Begin to roll the potato and filling, using the parchment paper to roll and form the finished roll. Leave the parchment paper on the pan, and place the roll seam side down. Bake another 10 minutes at 390 degrees.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Paprika $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.