Grandma's Old-fashioned CorningWare™ Meatloaf Recipe Will Take You Back by 30Seconds Food
It seems like everyone's grandma had that same set of CorningWare™ in her cabinet. How many recipes do you think grandma made using that now-vintage cookware? A lot! And some grandmas made this old-fashioned round meatloaf recipe baked in those iconic casserole dishes.
This easy meatloaf recipe has simple, basic ingredients that create a moist and flavorful meatloaf. The meatloaf is made with lean ground beef, fresh breadcrumbs, chopped onion, chopped celery, salt, black pepper, an egg, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. The Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste give this meatloaf a rich flavor. Mix all those ingredients and gently press into a 9-inch round or square casserole dish. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the meat is completely cooked through. Now is where you can get creative.
What's your favorite meatloaf topping?
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes (ovens vary)
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 ribs celery, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Pepper Grinder
- The meatloaf is flavorful enough to be served without a topping. But, there are some who just have to top that loaf with something like ketchup, barbecue sauce, cream of mushroom soup, cheese, tomato soup or even caramelized onions. If you're adding a topping to the meatloaf, add it at the end of cooking and let it bake about 5 minutes more to melt or heat up whatever was added.
- For the moistest meatloaf, do not pack it into the dish.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a bowl. Mix until just combined. Press the mixture lightly into a round baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cooked through. (If there are a lot of meat drippings, drain during baking time.) If adding a topping, add it now and bake about 5 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.2g
Saturated Fat: 2.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 37.6g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
Total Sugars: 10.6g
Vitamin D: 6mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.