20-Minute Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe Is Like a Hug From Grandma by 30Seconds Food
Broccoli and cheese is a classic combination. Instead of just serving steamed broccoli with a cheese sauce drizzled over the top, why not make a simple vegetable casserole? This easy broccoli cheese casserole recipe is easy, quick (ready in about 20 minutes), cheesy and creamy. Perfect for company or a weeknight family meal. The recipe is so comforting, it's like a hug from grandma (or mom!).
Start by melting a little butter in a large skillet or soup pot (big enough to hold the broccoli). Add the garlic and cook until it is fragrant, then quickly add the chicken broth so it stops cooking and doesn't burn (no one likes burnt garlic). The broccoli florets go in next and cook until they are bright green and crisp-tender. When you get there, turn off the heat and add the cream cheese and 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese. Stir until smooth, pour into a casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 2 bunches broccoli)
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Rubber Spatula
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Instead of cheddar cheese, try using gouda, Gruyere, Monterey Jack, pepper-jack, fontina, Swiss, mozzarella or your favorite cheese blend.
- To change things up, try this same recipe buy use asparagus, green beans or cauliflower.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the butter in a large skillet or soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Pour in the chicken broth and toss in the broccoli. Cook until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, and some of the chicken broth has evaporated. Remove from the heat.
- Add the cubed cream cheese and 2 cups of the cheddar cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 5 to 10 minutes or until top is beginning to lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.