Simple Twice-Baked Potato Recipe With Cream Cheese & Parmesan by 30Seconds Food
Twice-baked potatoes make a great appetizer or side dish for dinner. This easy potato dish can be made in so many ways! This twice-baked potato recipe has a creamy cream cheese-based filling instead of the typical cheddar cheese, bacon and green onion combination that you often see.
Start by baking russet potatoes until fork-tender, which takes about an hour in the oven. After the flesh is carefully removed to leave a potato skin shell, it is mixed with cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and an egg. The creamy filling is spooned back into the potato skins and they are baked in the oven until hot and melty.
Try different cheeses in this recipe instead of the Parmesan. Interesting choices are pepper-jack, gouda, mozzarella and Gruyere. For color, you could add some chopped green onions, minced fresh chives or chopped fresh parsley or other herbs. If you need some meat, stir in some cooked, crispy bacon. For a vegetable addition, try cooked mushrooms or spinach.
You could easily cut this recipe in half to serve four. Store the leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat the potatoes in the microwave for a quick snack.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- olive oil, for rubbing
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 egg
Here's how to make it:
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and rub them all over with olive oil. Bake them in a preheated 400-degree F oven until tender, about 1 hour. Reduce the heat to 375 degrees F. Cool the potatoes slightly until you can handle them.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh, leaving enough to keep the skin intact. Put the shells onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, sour cream and egg. Stir in the potato flesh until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture evenly into the potato skins. Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.