Incredible Vanilla Cream Cheese-Stuffed Banana Bread Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Banana bread. Who doesn't love a moist slice of this sweet bread? There are so many different ways to make banana bread, too. This layered banana bread recipe has a sweet cream cheese filling. So you get the moist banana bread bite at the same time you get a sweet vanilla cream cheese bite. Amazing.
The banana bread layer is made with those overripe bananas we love sitting on our counters. Add melted butter, light brown sugar, an egg, vanilla extract, baking soda and all-purpose flour to the mashed bananas and you have the bread batter. The cream cheese filling is made with cream cheese, granulated sugar, an egg, vanilla and flour. Put half of the bread batter into the bottom of a loaf pan, top with the cream cheese filling and then the remaining bread batter. Bake for about an hour and you're done. Be sure to let the bread cool before cutting and serving.
Serve this moist banana bread recipe as dessert or as a sweet snack. It would be delicious with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. Keep the leftover bread in an airtight container so it stays moist.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 8 (makes 1 loaf)
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups aall-purpose flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pans
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- If the banana bread starts getting too brown while baking, tent with aluminum foil.
- Use ripe bananas for this recipe.
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Stir in the flour until just incorporated.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until incorporated. Stir in the flour.
- Spread half of the bread batter into the bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan that's been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with the cream cheese filling, then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 55 minutes or until the bread is cooked in the center. Remove to cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 16.5g
Saturated Fat: 9.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 45g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 23.4g
Vitamin D: 9mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.