Heavenly 4-Ingredient Penne Pasta Recipe With Creamy Walnut Sauce by 30Seconds Food
We don't think the health benefits of walnuts are talked about enough. Seriously! Walnuts are high in antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. They may also help with:
- gut health
- reducing the risk of some cancers
- weight control
- helping manage or lower risk of diabetes
- healthy aging
- blood pressure
- brain function
These crunchy little nuggets are not only nutritious and healthy, but the perfect snack or addition to recipes. This four-ingredient penne pasta recipe with creamy walnut sauce is the perfect example of different ways to use walnuts.
Penne pasta (or your favorite pasta) is cooked to al dente, then combined with heavy cream, shredded Italian cheese and walnuts. Once everything is melted together and thoroughly combined, the pasta is ready to be served. This tasty Italian recipe is on the table in about 15 minutes!
Whole-wheat pasta would be a great choice for this pasta recipe. Serve this creamy pasta with a salad and fresh roasted or steamed vegetable. The leftovers reheat well for lunch or dinner the next day.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) penne pasta, cooked to al dente according to package directions
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Here's how to make it:
- In a large skillet, stir together the heavy cream, shredded cheese and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and cook over low heat until cheese has melted and everything is thoroughly combined. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.